Mardi Gras 2017 at Universal Orlando Resort comes with a lot of glitter, glamour, and well, beads. Universal’s Art & Design team recently shared how to quantify exactly what Florida’s biggest party looks like behind the scenes.
Our 50 nights of fun during Mardi Gras 2017 at Universal Orlando Resort include:
- 4,000,000 – Beads thrown
- 12,000 – Coins/doubloons thrown
- 2,050 – Pounds of confetti used
- 642 – Miles the parade floats travel from Kern Studios in New Orleans to Universal Orlando
- 85 – Performers in the parade every day
- 60 – How many guests the largest float (River Boat) can carry
- 22 – Years Kern Studios has been creating floats for Universal Orlando
- 12 – Floats in this year’s parade
- 6 – New floats joining this year’s parade
- 4 – Motorcycles on average appear in the parade
- Countless – Memories you’ll make at this year’s Mardi Gras parade
Join us for Mardi Gras 2017 at Universal Orlando Resort every night from Feb. 4 to March 25 at Universal Studios Florida. You might just catch a bead or two – or 4 million.
Written by Siera Duiser: Siera Duiser is a travel agent with Destinations in Florida, Universal Studios Travel Agency Partner of the Year in 2010, 2011, and 2012. She loves helping plan Universal Orlando adventures at no cost to you. Contact Siera to book your next vacation at email@example.com or 734-771-1290. You can also follow her on Facebook and Twitter.
Want to get all our tips and tricks for visiting the Wizarding World of Harry Potter? We wrote a travel guide for the Wizarding World of Harry Potter Hogsmeade! We included all our tips and tricks that we’ve learned over the last year to make your visit to the Wizarding World as magical as possible. Be sure to check it out!
Get your Harry Potter theme park souvenirs from the official Harry Potter shop, the WB Shop!