It’s almost 2014 so that means we are closer than ever to the grand opening of the Wizarding World of Harry Potter: Diagon Alley expansion into Universal Studios theme park! On January 23, 2014, Universal Orlando will be releasing more details and hopefully a grand opening date about the Diagon Alley expansion. James Phelps, Fred Weasley from the Harry Potter films, will be releasing these details via a Universal Orlando webcast.
Universal Orlando has been slowly releasing new details about the Wizarding World of Harry Potter: Diagon Alley. Here is a quick review as well as a brief video from some of the park designers at Universal Orlando.
Diagon Alley Details So Far
- Located at Universal Studios theme park
- Connects to Hogsmeade at Islands of Adventure via the Hogwarts Express. A Park-to-Park ticket will be required for Guests looking to travel between London and Hogsmeade.
- The Leaky Cauldron Restaurant will be available for Guests looking for a new Harry Potter themed dining experience. The Three Broomsticks will remain over at Hogsmeade.
- A new signature attraction at Diagon Alley will be based on Gringotts Bank
- Diagon Alley expansion is scheduled to open Summer 2014. Date TBD.
Want to get all our tips and tricks for visiting the Wizarding World of Harry Potter? We wrote a travel guide for the Wizarding World of Harry Potter Hogsmeade! We included all our tips and tricks that we’ve learned over the last year to make your visit to the Wizarding World as magical as possible. Be sure to check it out!
Get your Harry Potter theme park souvenirs from the official Harry Potter shop, the WB Shop!