Many readers wanted to join us on our VIP tour of Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure, last month. While I couldn’t bring anyone along (sorry!), you can take your own VIP tour of Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure!
The VIP Tour allows you and/or your party to be personally escorted on a guided walking tour around one or both of the two (2) theme parks. In addition to the tour guide, you will receive priority entry into the rides and attractions, so you won’t have to wait in the regular lines. This is a big advantage over the Disney World VIP tours, as Disney will not guarantee this as part of their tour.
Some features of the VIP tour include:
- Complimentary valet parking (a savings of about $20)
- Complimentary refreshments (coffee, bottled water) upon check-in
- VIP Tour credential and lanyard
- Opportunity for private character meet and greets
- Complimentary VIP gift
- Exclusive information and select backstage access (when available)
- Select discounts on Food and Merchandise
- Universal Express access to attractions at conclusion of tour — this after getting “back door” access during your tour!
The VIP tours start at $150 per person plus tax for a one day, one park tour with a group of up to 12 people and do not include your park admission.
I know that right off the bat, you’re seeing this and thinking, “Holy moly, that’s expensive!!” However, let’s take a quick look at the value you’re getting.
Normal Universal Orlando costs:
- One day/One park ticket: $84, plus tax.
- Parking: minimum of $15
- Express Pass (to get you even close to the same access as a VIP tour): as much as $74/person on busy days
- Grand total (not including the food discounts you get with a VIP tour): $175
VIP Tour costs:
- One day/One park admission ticket: $84, plus tax
- VIP tour: $150, plus tax
- Free parking
- Food and beverage discounts
- No need for an express pass, you get front of the line access
- Grand total: $234
So, for an extra $50 per person, you get a VIP tour! Add to this the food and beverage discounts and the fact that a Disney World one day/one park ticket is about $20 more per day and you see that the VIP tours are an incredible value!
We did the One day/Two park tour, which starts at $185 plus tax per person. You’ll get front of the line access to at least eight major attractions during the tour and continue to have Express Pass access after the tour concludes. Additionally, you will be added to a “group” tour of no more than 12 people.
If you want to have your own group, with only your guests/friends/family, you can do this, also. However, it’s going to cost a bit more. A One-day/One-park Exclusive tour starts at $2,000 per group (or about $167 per person). A One day/Two Park Exclusive Tour starts at $2,500 per group (or about $208 per person) and a Two day/Two park Exclusive Tour starts at $3,750 per group (or $312.50 per person). Even with the Exclusive tours, you must purchase your park admission tickets separately and the prices quoted do not include taxes.
To book your own VIP Universal Orlando tour, you can contact us at Destinations In Florida Travel for more information at info @ destinationsinflorida.com.
Want to get all our tips and tricks for visiting the Wizarding World of Harry Potter? We wrote a travel guide for the Wizarding World of Harry Potter Hogsmeade! We included all our tips and tricks that we’ve learned over the last year to make your visit to the Wizarding World as magical as possible. Be sure to check it out!
Get your Harry Potter theme park souvenirs from the official Harry Potter shop, the WB Shop!