In 2011, Universal has increased the prices of their annual pass options for both Florida residents and non-residents. For Florida residents, however, this ticket remains an amazing value if you plan to visit the Universal Orlando parks more than a couple times during the year.
A standard one-day, two-park pass for a Florida resident costs a minimum of $73.99 plus tax. The Annual PowerPass costs only $159.99 for a Florida resident (not available for non-residents), so if you come more than twice, you’ve already paid for your annual pass! To me, this seems like a no-brainer for Florida residents. The PowerPass does have some blackout dates that have increased in number in 2011, also, but it’s mainly the middle of the summer on the busiest days of the year — times I don’t want to be at Universal Orlando, if I can avoid it. Also, the PowerPass does not include parking, so that’s an additional cost to consider.
To avoid the blackout dates and parking costs, you could upgrade to the Preferred Pass for $219.99 plus tax for Florida residents ($229.99 for non-residents). This pass has no blackout dates and free standard parking along with the following benefits:
- 10% savings on 1-day and 15% savings on multi-day theme park tickets purchased at the front gate (up to 6 people)
- Free admission to select special events such as Mardi Gras, Summer Concert Series, Grinchmas™ and Macy’s Holiday Parade™
- Special discounts on separately ticketed events, such as Halloween Horror Nights and Rock the Universe
- 10% savings at most merchandise stores (restrictions apply on select merchandise)
- Savings of up to 10% at all restaurants (excluding carts and alcohol)
- Enjoy exclusive Passholder parties and event viewing areas.
Finally, you have the Premier Pass starting at $349.99 plus tax for Florida residents and non-residents. This pass adds in the Universal Express option to the annual passes, plus these additional exclusive benefits:
- Free valet parking (excludes holidays & special events)
- Free preferred self-parking every time you visit
- Free Zephyrhills water
- One (1) FREE ticket to Halloween Horror Nights
- Additional discounts on Food & Merchandise
- All club access to CityWalk for passholders
- Save up to 30% off room rates at each on-site hotel
Regardless of which pass you choose, you can save a lot of money as a Florida resident with one of these annual passes. If you’re an out-of-state resident, you can also save some money if you’re a frequent Universal Orlando visitor or staying at a Universal Orlando resort for an extended period of time.
A different perspective on tickets for your next Universal Orlando vacation.
Want to get all our tips and tricks for visiting the Wizarding World of Harry Potter? We wrote a travel guide for the Wizarding World of Harry Potter Hogsmeade! We included all our tips and tricks that we’ve learned over the last year to make your visit to the Wizarding World as magical as possible. Be sure to check it out!
Get your Harry Potter theme park souvenirs from the official Harry Potter shop, the WB Shop!