If you are visiting Universal Studios Florida for the first time (or 100th time), I’m sure you want to make the most of your precious time in the theme parks. I want to share with you our top five tips for visiting Universal Studios Florida to help you make the most of your visit to Universal Orlando Resort!
- Purchase Park Admission in Advance: You can save both time and money by purchasing your theme park tickets in advance. The lines at the ticket windows are always very long so you can bypass that and get inside the parks much faster if you already have your tickets.
- Stay On Site: Universal currently has four on-site hotels and will be adding a fifth this year. The hotels truly do fit a variety of budgets and offer a number of perks for their guests such as convenient and continuous transportation. However, the best part about staying at select Universal hotels (Royal Pacific, Hard Rock, or Portofino Bay) is the unlimited express passes valid for your entire stay. These passes are a savings of $99 per person, per day!
- Take Advantage of Early Park Admission: If you are staying at at Universal Orlando Resort hotel or a Universal partner hotel, you may be eligible to enter the Wizarding World of Harry Potter one hour early. This is a great time to get in line for the bigger Harry Potter rides or just start exploring the shops and entertainment in the area.
- Eat During Off Peak Times: The most popular restaurants like Mythos, Three Broomsticks, and The Leaky Cauldron can have long wait times to dine in these locations. However, you can minimize (or even eliminate) your wait times by dining at off peak times so try a late lunch or early dinner next time you’re in the parks.
- Pack a Poncho: You never know when an afternoon rain shower will pop up in Florida. You can save quite a bit of money by picking up a poncho at your local dollar store versus purchasing one in the parks. You will also be ready to throw it on as soon as the rain starts and continue your fun in the parks.
What are your best tips for visiting Universal Studios Florida?
Written by Siera Duiser: Siera Duiser is a travel agent with Destinations in Florida, Universal Studios Travel Agency Partner of the Year in 2010, 2011, and 2012. She loves helping plan Universal Orlando adventures at no cost to you. Contact Siera to book your next vacation at firstname.lastname@example.org or 734-771-1290. You can also follow her on Facebook and Twitter.
Want to get all our tips and tricks for visiting the Wizarding World of Harry Potter? We wrote a travel guide for the Wizarding World of Harry Potter Hogsmeade and Diagon Alley! We included all our tips and tricks that we’ve learned over the last few years to make your visit to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter as magical as possible. Be sure to check them out! Plus, book your Universal Orlando Resort vacation with Destinations in Florida and you’ll get them both for FREE! That’s a $40 value!
Get your Harry Potter theme park souvenirs from the official Harry Potter shop, the WB Shop!