Harry Potter Park is still the newest and most popular section of Islands of Adventure. We get asked all the time how to best navigate the Harry Potter Park portion of Islands of Adventure.
Here are some of our favorite travel tips for visiting Harry Potter Park:
- Visit late in the day–crowds tend to form at park opening. By visiting late in the day, crowds will be much lighter and lines much shorter!
- If you are staying at a Universal Orlando onsite resort: use your early hour to visit the Wizarding World, then enjoy breakfast at Three Broomsticks(Harry Potter packages only), then visit other parts of the parks before returning to Harry Potter Park late in the day
- Soda is not served at Harry Potter Park. Purchase some at Jurassic Park or Lost Continent before entering. Or just grab a butterbeer instead!!
- Don’t wait on line at the carts for butterbeer. Purchase it at the Three Broomsticks, Hogs Head Pub or from one of the traveling wenches instead.
- Try both the frozen and the cold butterbeer. Which do you prefer?
- The line at Ollivander’s moves very quickly as the show is only about 5 minutes long. So, do not be alarmed if you see a lot of people waiting to enter.
- If you don’t want to ride Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey but would still like to check out the castle, ask a Universal Orlando team member when the next castle tour is taking place. You can tour Hogwarts Castle without riding Harry Potter and the Forbidden Journey.
- Take the time to visit all the shops and admire the detail of Harry Potter Park. JK Rowling herself had a hand in making this portion of Islands of Adventure as authentic as possible to the Harry Potter books/movies.
- Book your Universal Orlando vacation package with Destinations in Florida Travel and get a free copy of our eBook Guide to the Wizarding World of Harry Potter
Do you have any additional Harry Potter Park travel tips to share? Post your Comments in the comments section below.