Seven Fun Facts About The New Incredible Hulk Coaster Marquee
The green behemoth rises 13 feet up into the air, clutching twisting coaster tracks in each hand. He’s the first to greet you as you head into the completely overhauled thrill ride.
Here are some fun facts about the new towering marquee:
- The two tracks the new figure is holding are actual pieces of track from the previous incarnation of The Incredible Hulk Coaster.
- The specific units of the track used for the marquee are EL 53, 54 and 55.
- The Hulk figure stands 13 feet tall.
- The marquee weighs more than 20,000 lbs.
- The figure of the Hulk and the coaster train car are made from steel and fiberglass.
- The eyes on the figure are the final piece of the installation – only being added once the figure is in place. They’re painted last so that Universal can see what the figure is looking at and adjust as needed for the best effect.
- The marquee was designed by Greg Hall, attraction designer with Universal Creative.
Come check out The Incredible Hulk Coaster today at Universal’s Islands of Adventure.
Written by Siera Duiser: Siera Duiser is a travel agent with Destinations in Florida, Universal Studios Travel Agency Partner of the Year in 2010, 2011, and 2012. She loves helping plan Universal Orlando adventures at no cost to you. Contact Siera to book your next vacation at email@example.com or 734-771-1290. You can also follow her on Facebook and Twitter.
Want to get all our tips and tricks for visiting the Wizarding World of Harry Potter? We wrote a travel guide for the Wizarding World of Harry Potter Hogsmeade! We included all our tips and tricks that we’ve learned over the last year to make your visit to the Wizarding World as magical as possible. Be sure to check it out!
Get your Harry Potter theme park souvenirs from the official Harry Potter shop, the WB Shop!