Earlier this month, Universal Orlando rolled out a new Ride Reservation System at Islands of Adventure. This new system had been in testing mode for several months prior. The Ride Reservation System at Universal Orlando functions similarly to Disney’s FastPass system with a few exceptions:
- Universal Orlando Ride Reservation System is done virtually via a rented pager-like device called a U-Bot
- Return time is the same as the ride wait time. You are simply skipping the time spent waiting in line!
- There is a nominal cost to rent the U-Bot device for the day. Universal Orlando Ride Reservation System is not included as part of your park admission like Disney’s FastPass is.
- The new system is a lower cost alternative to the existing Universal Express Pass.
- Universal Orlando is currently ONLY offering the new reservation device at Islands of Adventure, not Universal Studios.
A $30 deposit is required to rent the U-Bot device and each device is good for up to 6 people. Total cost of the U-Bot is per person and will depend on many people are using it. There are 2 options of the Ride Reservation System: Limited and Unlimited. The Limited option allows you to reserve each ride only once while the Unlimited option allows you to reserve each ride as many times as you’d like. However, just like Disney’s FastPass, you may only reserve one ride at any given time.
Once the U-Bot notifies you of the Return time, simply head to the ride and enter via the Express Ride Pass line.
Special thanks to our friend Lee Mallaby and his crew over at the Unofficial Universal Podcast (www.uuopodcast.com) for the heads up on the new Universal Orlando Ride Reservation System at Islands of Adventure. We’ll keep you updated on any new developments regarding this affordable, time-saving device!
Want to get all our tips and tricks for visiting the Wizarding World of Harry Potter? We wrote a travel guide for the Wizarding World of Harry Potter Hogsmeade! We included all our tips and tricks that we’ve learned over the last year to make your visit to the Wizarding World as magical as possible. Be sure to check it out!
Get your Harry Potter theme park souvenirs from the official Harry Potter shop, the WB Shop!