We are starting to see Halloween decorations around the stores, which means fall is coming. This is when the Pumpkin Spice Lattes start popping up, too. For me, this means hot Butterbeer receipes. I found this one from Kelley Grant, which is a Butterbeer Latte. Immediately, I knew I had to try it.
- 6 ounces boiling water
- 1 tablespoon instant espresso
- 1 tablespoon English toffee syrup
- 1 tablespoon caramel syrup
- 1 cup of milk
- whipped cream and caramel sauce for topping
- Stir in the instant espresso in the boiling water until dissolved.
- In a glass add the English toffee and caramel syrups. Pour the hot espresso mixture over and combine.
- Pour in the milk and give a quick stir.
- Top with whipped cream and caramel.
Butterbeer Latte Review
We made our butterbeer latte with butterscotch syrup and caramel syrup, since we couldn’t find English toffee syrup. Besides, butterbeer is clearly a butterscotch flavor.
After making it per the instructions (with the butterscotch exception), we found that it didn’t have much butterbeer flavor, unless you got a little bit of the whipped cream mixed in with it. In fact, as my daughter said after she tasted it, “That tastes kind of weird.”
My daughter, Hunter, suggested mixing the whipped cream in with the butterbeer latte mixture, prior to topping it with whipped cream. This made a WORLD of difference! Next time, I might even try whole fat, heavy whipping cream instead of milk in the recipe.
Give the recipe a try and let us know, what do you think of the Butterbeer Latte?