Beyond Butterbeer: Top 10 Treats in Hogsmeade at Wizarding World of Harry Potter
By now, you’re probably familiar with the creamy, butterscotch concoction called Butterbeer. You may have even tossed back a glass or 10, and we don’t blame you – it’s life changing!
But the next time you visit The Wizarding World of Harry Potter – Hogsmeade at Universal’s Islands of Adventure, keep your wits about you… There are so many other magical treats in Hogsmeade to consume.
Here are some of the greatest hits.
Pumpkin. Spice. Everything. Straight from the stories and perfect for winter (and really any season), this drink is also available exclusively at The Wizarding World of Harry Potter. Let the sweet, sweet pumpkin flavor wash over you as you stare happily at the collectible bottle you’ll be taking home.
Hog’s Head Brew and Dragon Scale Beer – Hog’s Head Pub, The Three Broomsticks
PSA: There are three different beers created especially for The Wizarding World of Harry Potter and they’re bloody brilliant! Kick back at the Hog’s Head Pub with Hog’s Head Brew, an Irish red. Or if you’d like an amber lager, try Dragon Scale. And collect them all when you hop the Hogwarts Express to Diagon Alley and take in a Wizard’s Brew.
Something Sweet – Honeydukes
All of the glorious delicacies you fell in love with on paper now exist at Honeydukes for your taste buds’ pleasure!
- Chocolate Frogs – Encounter the enchanting chocolates from Harry’s first trip to the trolley cart here at Hogsmeade, and start your own card collection. Dibs on Gilderoy Lockhart!
- Bertie Bott’s Every-Flavour Beans – For the most adventurous of us, these candies ranging from delicious to disgusting provide quite the thrill. You may get lucky with tutti-frutti or marshmallow, you may experience the oddity of grass, or you could end up with – Alas! Earwax.
- Exploding Bonbons – Next, devour some Exploding Bonbons: white chocolates with crunchy orange and pineapple-flavored centers.
- Fizzing Whizzbees – Fizzing Whizzbees are milk chocolates with carbonated centers that erupt into a chorus of popping in your mouth.
- Sherbet Lemons – Dumbledore’s favorite is also here for you to sample. These lemons are covered in sugar that dissolves to leave a tart, sour candy.
- Cauldron Cakes – A scrumptious combination of cupcake, chocolate mousse and white chocolate, Cauldron Cakes will satisfy your sweet tooth.
- Pepper Imps – For cinnamon lovers, these small and spicy red candies pack a punch!
- Jelly Slugs – You might balk at the name, but these fruity, chewy gummies are the perfect addition to your growing armful of goodies.
There you have it! In the comments below, tell us which non-Butterbeer treats you recommend at Hogsmeade.
Must be 21 years of age or older with valid identification to purchase or drink alcoholic beverages at Universal Orlando Resort.
Written by Siera Duiser: Siera Duiser is a travel agent with Destinations in Florida, Universal Studios Travel Agency Partner of the Year in 2010, 2011, and 2012. She loves helping plan Universal Orlando adventures at no cost to you. Contact Siera to book your next vacation at email@example.com or 734-771-1290. You can also follow her on Facebook and Twitter.
Want to get all our tips and tricks for visiting the Wizarding World of Harry Potter? We wrote a travel guide for the Wizarding World of Harry Potter Hogsmeade! We included all our tips and tricks that we’ve learned over the last year to make your visit to the Wizarding World as magical as possible. Be sure to check it out!
Get your Harry Potter theme park souvenirs from the official Harry Potter shop, the WB Shop!