HOLIDAYS AT UNIVERSAL ORLANDO RESORT BY THE NUMBERS
Have you ever wondered how many miles it takes for the balloons to travel from Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade in New York to Universal Orlando Resort? Or just how many feet of garland are draped over the resort every holiday season?
Well, I recently chatted with our Art & Design team who gave me some festive figures on the holiday cheer we spread throughout Universal Orlando each year:
- 100,500 – Lights on the tallest Christmas tree
- 56,000 – Cubic feet of helium used in Macy’s Holiday Parade each year
- 50,000 – Linear feet of garland strung about Universal Orlando each year
- 7,000 – Lights on the Universal Studios Florida arch wreath
- 1,081 – Miles The Macy’s balloons travel from New York City to Universal Orlando
- 1,000 – Pounds of confetti used in Macy’s Holiday Parade each year
- 864 – Feet of garland on the Universal Studios Florida arch wreath
- 222 – Performances of “Grinchmas Who-liday Spectacular”
- 90 – Performers in Macy’s Holiday Parade
- 80 – Approximate feet of the tallest Christmas tree
- 12 – Balloons in the Macy’s Holiday Parade
Come on out and see a holiday celebration of epic proportions for yourself with Holidays at Universal Orlando Resort, now through Jan. 1.
Written by Siera Duiser: Siera Duiser is a travel agent with Destinations in Florida, Universal Studios Travel Agency Partner of the Year in 2010, 2011, and 2012. She loves helping plan Universal Orlando adventures at no cost to you. Contact Siera to book your next vacation at email@example.com or 734-771-1290. You can also follow her on Facebook and Twitter.
Want to get all our tips and tricks for visiting the Wizarding World of Harry Potter? We wrote a travel guide for the Wizarding World of Harry Potter Hogsmeade! We included all our tips and tricks that we’ve learned over the last year to make your visit to the Wizarding World as magical as possible. Be sure to check it out!
Get your Harry Potter theme park souvenirs from the official Harry Potter shop, the WB Shop!